Apply For King Baudouin African Development Prize 2018/2019 – Eligible candidate are invited to apply for King Baudouin African Development Prize 2018/2019.
The King Baudouin African Development Prize (awarded every other year) aims to reward individuals or organizations who are making an outstanding contribution to development in Africa. The Prize pays particular attention to initiatives which stand out as the best in their field significantly improve the quality of life of the populations they serve, and empower local communities to take development into their own hands.
- Does the candidate have concrete realizations under his belt?
- Are they innovative and exemplary?
- Are they capable of being duplicated elsewhere on the continent?
- Is there a long-term vision?
- Is the financial management healthy and transparent?
- Are the initiatives embedded at local level ?
- Do they take into account the gender perspective?
- Are the initiatives directed at all actors of society (inclusiveness)?
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University (if first language is not English)
Important Note: The submission of a candidate’s file may only be undertaken by a nominator. The selection committee will not consider applications by individuals who are applying for the Prize themselves or for an organization within which they are active.
Course Level: The King Baudouin African Development Prize rewards outstanding contributions to development in Africa, initiated and led by Africans.
Study Subject: These prizes are available for development work in Africa.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship of € 200.000 value will be awarded.
Nationality: African students are eligible to apply for this prize.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe
How To Apply For King Baudouin African Development Prize 2018/2019
All application and submission is done online. Simply visit the scholarship official website.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018